Cordial was one of the treats inspiring early businesses to develop in Coffs Harbour. Cordials manufacturing was usually developed to disguise the poor taste and quality of water.  To quench the thirst of the local community, the Glynn Brothers – John and William – had established a cordial factory near the Coffs Harbour jetty by 1912.
The business was formally registered on 17 July 1917. John assumed full responsibility for it in 1921. As it grew, the factory had to deal with some location issues:
John Glynn decided to rebuild in a new location; so a new construction plan was devised and the business moved to Collingwood Street.
The site prior to construction is shown in this land sale poster:
The business continued into the late 1940s. Its artefacts live on in the collection of the Coffs Harbour Regional Museum.